- 1 package (24 ounces) shells and cheese mix*
- 1/2 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Prepare shells and cheese mix according to package directions. Stir in sausage, taco sauce and seasoning. Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes and cheddar cheese if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings. *Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Kraft Velveeta Family-Size Shells & Cheese. Yield: 6 servings
Reviews forTaco Mac
"A big hit with the family. So simple and fast to prepare and get dinner on the table. I used salsa in place of the taco sauce. Simply delicious!"
"This dish is quick to put together. It is also a tasty meal that my family enjoyed. I decided to bake this (minus the veggies) at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes, the recipe does not call for this. I also changed it up by using my own quick mac & cheese recipe (about 32 oz) and hot flavored ground pork sausage. I doubled the sausage, taco sauce, and seasoning. This seems to be a very kid-friendly meal."
"This is going to be one of those recipes that I'll always keep the staple ingredients on hand....makes for a great weekend lunch for my husband and I."
"Super easy n delicious."
"This was so easy and so good! Great for a weeknight meal!"
"It's been over 10 years since I've found and starting using this recipe...it's still a family favorite!"
"Kids loved it; serve over Fritos next time."
"My husband- who typically doesn't like this type of "helper like" -dinner went back for seconds. I made it with ground turkey, and yes, I did add a little more taco seasoning to the mix. I added the sauce and seasonings to the meat in the pan after browning the meat. It was super fast and yummy! I'm adding it to my make again "dinners" list."