Sugary Apple Fritters
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Whisk eggs and water; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, in hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 1-1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Roll warm fritters in sugar. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts4 each: 186 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 363mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Apr 24, 2019
have not made these yet, but thinking about adjusting it a bit. gonna use blueberries,Stevia in place of sugar, and then fry them in coconut oil
Nov 19, 2016
Oh these are wonderful!! Made them per the recipe and they are perfect. My mother asked for batch just for herself - she didn't want to share these - haha!
Jan 20, 2015
Only one word comes to mind for these! WOW! Oh, so yummy!The only change we made was to use a non-dairy creamer instead of the dry milk powder. It's a lactose intolorence thing.
Sep 11, 2014
Does this recipe freeze well?
Nov 16, 2013
these are great!
Nov 15, 2013
Very nice flavor. I want to try baking them like someone suggested.
Nov 15, 2013
I Love that this recipe does not have cinnamon! Rarely do you find apple anything without cinnamon, being allergic to it makes it difficult this time of year! I will definitely be making these this weekend!
Aug 4, 2013
My grandpa gave me some early transparent apples and I was dying to use them. I was searching TOH for a recipe and came across these fritters. I didn't want to fry these so I baked the dough using my donut pan and they turned out wonderful !! I also used half whole wheat pastry flour and added a tsp of cinnamon as well. Plus I didn't peel the apples since the skins have all the fiber and nutrition!
Mar 13, 2013
Tastes like heaven - yummy
Oct 12, 2011
So yummy! I used half & half instead of milk, reduced the water to half a cup and added a teaspoon of cinnamon. They cooked up nice and fluffy! So happy I found this. Thanks for sharing:)