Sugar-Free Holiday Nog
"I developed this delicious recipe for my diabetic mother," explains Nancy Schickling of Bedford, Virginia.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 7 cups fat-free milk, divided
- 1 to 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or rum extract
- 2 to 4 packets sugar substitute
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- Combine pudding mix, 2 cups of milk, vanilla and sugar substitute in a bowl; mix according to pudding directions. Pour into a half-gallon container with a tight-fitting lid. Add 3 cups of milk; shake well. Add evaporated milk and shake. Add remaining milk; shake well. Chill.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 107 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk, 1/4 starch.
Originally published as Sugar-Free Holiday Nog in Taste of Home December/January 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.