Sugar-Free Strawberry Jam
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup diet lemon-lime soda
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup mashed fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a saucepan, bring soda to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in strawberries and lemon juice. Pour into jars or plastic containers; cover and refrigerate up to 3 weeks. Do not freeze.
Nutrition Facts1 tablespoon: 4 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Apr 29, 2015
Valerie, Im the Jelly Girl here in Kingwood Texas facebook.com/thejellygirl . I use this site to get some of my recipes and ran across you review. I wanted to answer your question and say yes you can can this, but with its low sugar content it wont stay sealed as long as others so watch the temperature you store it at. Considering the small amount it makes you may want to store it sealed in your fridge that way it would stay sealed longer?!
Jun 16, 2010
Any thoughts on canning this jam? I noted the recipe's caution against freezing, but no mention of canning.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.