Sugar-Free Cocoa Mix with Cinnamon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup fat-free powdered nondairy creamer
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to six months. Yield: 2-3/4 cups (about 8 servings).
- To prepare hot cocoa: Dissolve 1/3 cup mix in 1 cup boiling water; stir well.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Feb 7, 2015
Knowing this is so low in fat and sugar makes this mix especially delicious. I add a couple Tbsps of Sugar-Free Toasted Marshmellow coffee syrup to sweeten it up a bit. Exceptional!
Jan 28, 2014
great taste,made no changes,but I did double the recipe.
Apr 24, 2012
Gave 5 stars!
Jan 20, 2011
oops not baking powder baking chocolet powder
Jan 20, 2011
i did like this recipe although i did exchange the creamer for more powered milk added extra 1/4 cup baking powder and lessen the cinnamon to taste prefrence being a diabetic creamer is hard to find with out some suger in them but for most its very minor amount
Dec 15, 2010
WOW! I'm so happy to see this recipe, As a diabet it hard to fine good sounding drink recipes. I will try this as soon as I can get to the store. Merry Christmas. Cenie K : )
Dec 5, 2010
If worried about it being sugar free, could you make the mix without the powdered dairy creamer and then add sugar free liquid creamer as you make each cup?
Sep 25, 2009
Is this really sugar free? Most nondairy creamers have a first ingredient of corn syrup solids which is just another kind of sugar
Feb 6, 2009
This is great - but I found that if made in the food processor it becomes finer and mixes easier making it more like commerical product. YAH