- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, halved
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, oats, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Pat into a 12x9-in. rectangle on a piece of heavy-duty foil; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in water, sage and thyme. Add stuffing; stir until well coated. Spoon over turkey to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling away foil while rolling.
- Place loaf, seam side down, in a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Place bacon strips over top. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forStuffed Turkey Roll
"We had this as Thanksgiving dinner this year (we life in Germany, but we celebrate US holidays every year!) and it was AWSESOME! We modified it a bit with a thick german Beer-Gravy and we had glaced carrots and mashed sweet potatos as a side. We used a corn stuffing for the roll.Everyone loved it!"
"My family and I all loved this! Including my picky 2yr old twins! It's a keeper!"