- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped peeled peaches
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- Rinse five 1-cup freezer-safe containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- In a large saucepan, mix strawberries, peaches and pectin; bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; skim off any foam.
- Immediately fill containers to within 1/2-in. of tops. Wipe off edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- Jam is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 12 months. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving. Yield: about 5 cups.
Reviews forStrawberry Peach Jam
"Really simple and easy recipe. I diced the peaches finely but there were still tiny "chunks" floating in the jam. I would have liked it to be a bit more uniform. I also lowered the sugar to 4C and added 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice. I didn't think my peaches were very sweet, but the end result was a VERY sweet jam. Next time I'll probably lower the sugar to 3C. Overall a decent recipe, but I'll make some tweaks the next time around."
"Hi Judithkk,Because this jam is frozen and not canned, you could try it. I would choose a sugar blend instead of a complete sugar alternative for the best flavor.Sue StetzelTaste of Home Magazine"
"can you use splenda instead of all the sugar??"
"Wow this is good! I did reduce the sugar to 3 cups, and it still turned out pretty sweet! I will definitely make this again!"
"So good- used nectarines (unpeeled) and it worked out really well! Love this!!"
"My recipe did not have water in it. It was very good so hope it turns out like last years,"
"Great jam recipe. I would suggest mashing up the strawberries and peaches before mixing them in with everything. Turned out great and anyone who doubted it would taste good was proven wrong."
"This was fabulous! I used frozen peaches because I had them on hand. I also added about a tablespoon or so of lemon juice to add acidity and temper all that sugar sweetness. This is one jam I will be making again and again."
"This is AWESOME, Great taste and wonderful consistency. Here's a tip--cook on HIGH HEAT."