These treats are a perfect mouthful of strawberries and sweet cream cheese filling—they make a delicious homemade gift for showers or holidays. If you don't have a cake decorating bag, you can use a spoon to fill the berries, then use a plastic sandwich bag with just the tip of one corner cut off to drizzle the chocolate. —Linda Baldt, Croydon, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 14 Chocolate-Strawberry Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 large fresh strawberries (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Graham cracker crumbs, optional
- For filling, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and extract until smooth.
- Remove stems from strawberries. Using a paring knife or small melon baller, cut a 1-in.-deep opening in the stem end of strawberries. Pipe or spoon cream cheese mixture into openings. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over strawberries; if desired, sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Cheesecake Bites in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2018