- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- STRAWBERRY GLAZE:
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 jar (12 ounces) strawberry jelly
- 3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur or lemon juice
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1 quart whole fresh strawberries, hulled
- Combine pecans, crumbs and butter. Press into the bottom of a 10-in. springform pan. Set aside. For filling, beat the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Add eggs, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix thoroughly. Spoon over crust. Bake at 350° for about 50 minutes or until filling is almost set. Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes but leave oven on. Meanwhile, prepare topping by combining sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Spread over cake and return to the hot oven for 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate 24 hours. Several hours before serving, prepare glaze: In a saucepan, combine water and cornstarch. Add jelly and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until jelly melts and the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat; stir in liqueur and food coloring, if desired. Cool to room temperature. Just before serving, loosen and remove sides of springform pan. Arrange strawberries on top of cake with pointed ends up. Spoon glaze over berries, allowing some to drip down sides of cake. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Cheesecake
"I've made this cheesecake a bunch of times and it's always a huge hit. My 15 year old son wants this as his birthday cake!"
"My family loves this recipe..definitely a hit."
"im making a cheesecake my question is when making the glaze do i leave it in the pan then serve on top while its still cooling down in the fridge or add to the cheesecake after 24 hours and let it cool longer?"
"This was my first homemade cheesecake I've ever made and it was amazing! First advise is to definitely let it sit for 24 hrs before serving. I tried to rush it and quickly cool it in the fridge and it was 10 times better the next day! The strawberry topping in the perfect combo of sweet and tangy. I sliced the berries and put the sauce on top as it was served vs putting the whole berries on top. Oh and the crust....oh my!! Delicious!! I will definitely be making this again and again!"
"Any time I make ANY kind of cheesecake (not just strawberry), this is my go-to recipe. I love the glaze, so I've made it with just about every possible berry flavour so far. I've also used this as a base for several other flavours of cheesecake, including maple and chocolate! I've tried a bunch of other recipes all over the internet, but this is always the one I keep coming back to :)"
"I want to know, how to bake the cheesecake?is it using water bath or not? Thank you"
"I have been making this recipe since 1981 and everytime people love it. My recipe is slightly different and I do change the jelly I use to make it interesting."
"Very tasty and pretty."
"I loved this recipe. Made it for my sister's birthday party and everyone loved it too. Received only high compliments. Highly recommended recipe for those looking to impress."