Stained Glass Gelatin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 6 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups white grape juice
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a bowl, dissolve the lime gelatin in 3 cups boiling water. Pour into an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray. In another bowl, dissolve orange gelatin in remaining boiling water. Pour into another 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until very firm.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Add grape juice. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Pour into a large bowl; refrigerate for 45 minutes or until slightly thickened. Fold in whipped topping.
- Cut green gelatin into 1/2-in. cubes and orange gelatin into 1-in. cubes. Set aside 8-10 cubes of each color for garnish. Place 2 cups whipped topping mixture in a bowl; fold in remaining green cubes. Spread into a 13x9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Fold remaining orange cubes into remaining whipped topping mixture; spread over bottom layer. Sprinkle with reserved green and orange gelatin cubes. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 122 calories, 4g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 8, 2018
I made this as written except I didn't layer the colors...I just mixed both colors together with the whipped cream. Very yummy and refreshing on a hot day!
Jun 8, 2018
I was excited to see this recipe until I read the ingredients. This is nothing like the original Jell-O recipe which I loved back in the late '60's, early '70's.
May 30, 2017
I made this for our Memorial Day picnic and it was a big hit! Everyone loved it, and the kids could hardly eat it fast enough. I used blue berry and strawberry jello to made it a patriotic theme. This will be one of my #1 picks for any picnic. It makes a very full 9x13 pan.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.