Holiday Ribbon Gelatin
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 5 cups boiling water, divided
- 4 cups cold water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- In a large bowl, dissolve lime gelatin in 2 cups boiling water. Add 2 cups cold water; stir. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; refrigerate until firm but not set, about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, dissolve lemon gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Stir in marshmallows until melted. Cool for 20 minutes. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Gradually beat in lemon gelatin. Stir in pineapple. Carefully spoon over the lime layer. Chill until firm but not set.
- Dissolve cherry gelatin in 2 cups boiling water. Add remaining cold water; stir. Spoon over the lemon layer. Refrigerate entire gelatin salad overnight. Cut into squares to serve.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 236 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 10, 2016
My Mother started making this recipe when I was just a little girl! I love it, she also called it her "Christmas Ribbon Salad".....trouble with these types of salad, I never know to eat them on the side or as a dessert!.....Love, Love them!
Mar 28, 2014
This is light, refreshing, beautiful, elegant, and delicious. Everyone loves it. The colors and complementary flavors make it perfect for Christmas, but it is great any time of the year. I plan to try different flavors/colors of gelatin for the bottom and top layers for the various seasons.
Dec 23, 2012
This is easy to make, turned out perfectly the first time and everybody loved it. Delicious! In the future I am going to make a red, white and blue version of this by substituting berry blue gelatin for the lime gelatin.
Nov 22, 2012
Since this recipe was published I have made it every holiday I am always asked to bring it, I am making it right now