Spinach-Pesto Spiral Chicken
The homemade pesto sets this main dish apart from the rest. Elegant enough for a special dinner but simple enough to a quiet evening at home, you can make this anytime. —Amy Blom, Marietta, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness.
- In a food processor, combine spinach, basil, garlic, oil, cheese, walnuts and broth. Cover and process until blended. Stir in tomatoes, artichoke hearts, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Spread over chicken. Starting at a short side, roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place in two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes, seam side down. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Bake 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 256 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Healthy Pesto and Spinach Chicken Spirals in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.