Spinach Citrus Salad
This salad tastes as good as it looks. The dressing is very easy to prepare in a jar.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 6 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, grapefruit and onion.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 209 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Spinach and Citrus Salad in Country February/March 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.