Spinach Citrus Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 6 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, grapefruit and onion.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 209 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 7, 2019
This salad was a hit at a work party! Several people requested the recipe. It is simple to make. It is a refreshing salad. My only suggestion would be to dice the red onion rather than having slices.
Jul 7, 2017
Love this salad :)
Jan 4, 2011
I don't include the onions because I don't enjoy them, but the dressing with the fruit and spinach is amazing!! I LOVE this salad!