Spicy Turkey Quesadillas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup diced cooked turkey breast
- Mix first five ingredients until blended; spread over tortillas. Top two tortillas with turkey, then remaining tortillas, pressing lightly.
- In a large skillet, cook quesadillas over medium heat until lightly browned and heated through, 2-3 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts1 quesadilla: 391 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 870mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 2, 2017
I made some minor changes, using what I had on hand. Greek yogurt cream cheese, jarred jalapenos, multigrain wraps. These came together super quickly using the panini press, and they disappeared even quicker!
Sep 22, 2015
I didn't add the chilis as I can't do nightshades. It was good, a bit "trendy" (think coffee shop). It was light and it was easy, just different. I'll make it again when I'm feeling like something light to eat.
Nov 24, 2012
We just LOVED this...I mixed everything in one bowl and heated in a cast iron pan...a little messy but worth every bite, thank you for sharing...it's on my football list of favorite things!
Dec 7, 2010
If you mix in the turkey with the filling, it doesn't make as much of a mess when you flip it.
Dec 7, 2010
We had this for a late, quick supper. It has a mild zip.
Oct 24, 2010
This was really good. A little messy if you're not that adept with a griddle. I'll be making it again for sure. My son and friend liked it as well.