- 6 large red potatoes (about 3 pounds), cubed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno peppers*
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 20-30 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, chili powder, hot pepper sauce, salt, onion powder and cumin; shake well. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in the corn, olives, cilantro and peppers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forSpicy Potato Salad
"I often make this recipe because I submitted it, and it was a winner. It's great for picnics and potlucks when weather is warm since it isn't mayonnaise based. Donna Lefurgey, AZ"