Cajun Seasoning Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR CAJUN POTATO WEDGES:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes or baking potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: about 1/4 cup.
- To prepare Cajun Potato Wedges: Cut each potato into eight wedges. In a large bowl, combine oil, hot pepper sauce and 2 tablespoons seasoning mix. Add potatoes; stir to coat evenly. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes; turn. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until the potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 132 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 894mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 23, 2011
I love this on chicken, and it is great on frozen french fries! I am always running out of this because I use it so often. I use the entire 2 tsp. of cayenne because I like the heat. I bought McCormick cajun seasoning to compare the two, and there is no contest. This recipe is better than the store-bought mix. WAY better!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.