A little sweet, a little sour, and a whole lot of flavor! These kabobs make a wonderful accompaniment to any party or get-together. —Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
Featured In: 50+ Brilliant Recipes for Food on a Stick
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Set aside 3 tablespoons marinade for sauce. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add onion and chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate sauce.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread chicken onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill chicken, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Brush with reserved sauce before serving. Yield: 8 appetizers.
Originally published as Spicy Peanut Chicken Kabobs in Light & Tasty December/January 2007, p29
Reviews forSpicy Peanut Chicken Kabobs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2012
"Excellent!!! A little bit too spicy for me but the rest of the family loved them."