Spicy Chicken Breasts with Pepper Peach Relish
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- Combine the salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg; rub over chicken. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients; set aside. In another bowl, combine the peaches, peppers, onion, mint and 2 tablespoons glaze; set aside.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with reserved glaze. Serve with reserved relish.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup relish: 263 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 379mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Aug 10, 2015
Loved it. We used a little more chicken than it called for, so maybe the flavors were more diluted. But it turned out wonderfully. We served it on a bed of brown rice with the peach salsa on top.
Jun 17, 2015
The flavors did not blend well together at all. I think there was too much nutmeg/cinnamon mix. The relish could have used fresh jalapeno or something. Will not be making again.
May 18, 2014
I was excited to try this recipe after reading all the great reviews. I made it exactly as the recipe stated, and I didn't care for it at all. I don't think the flavors blended well. My husband said it tasted like a Christmas cookie. I will not be making this again.
Jul 25, 2012
Very good, my family loves this!
Jul 24, 2012
I loved this recipe!
Jul 15, 2012
I used my homemade brandied peach conserve instead of the peach preserves. It has slivered almonds and raisons. I skipped the mint in the relish and it was still very good.
Jul 10, 2012
This was so good, even broiled indoors. I tripled the glaze and could have halved the salsa (relish). Very fresh, very healthy!
Jun 24, 2012
Nice blend of different flavors. Needs a little more of the glaze. Very good!
Jun 24, 2012
Nice blend of different flavors. Needs a little more of the basting sauce.
Mar 5, 2012
WOW!!! This was fantastic! I served it with grilled asparagus and it was a fantastic meal!