Spicy Chicken Breasts with Pepper Peach Relish for 2
This summery entree is simply packed with the good-for-your-eyes vitamins found in both peaches and peppers. Roxanne Chan - Albany, CA
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium peach, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- Combine the salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg; rub over chicken. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the peach, peppers, onion, mint and 1 tablespoon glaze; set aside.
- Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with reserved glaze. Serve with reserved relish.