Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn (about 10 ounces), thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute pepper and onion 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in rice, spices and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook, covered, until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 198 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 10, 2018
This was easy to make and I followed the recipe. Flavor was good and I will be making this again. Thanks for the recipe since I am always looking for different ways to use rice.
Jun 25, 2018
It is simple and tastes great. I did what one other reviewer did and substituted the green chile tomatoes with the 4 oz can of mild green chiles with a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes along with amping up the cumin to 1 teaspoon. I sprinkled shredded cheddar cheese upon serving. I will be using this recipe often.
Apr 5, 2018
Very tasty and fast to make. I didn’t have frozen corn so used can corn instead & it worked out fine. I would def make this again. It makes a lot more than I thought it would. There are just 2 of us & we’ll have plenty for future meals
Jan 22, 2017
Great sidedish, amazing flavor and easy to make.
Mar 9, 2014
My son was eating this in a bowl by itself he enjoyed it that much. Went well with our chicken fajitas and jicama slaw with peanut recipes.
May 5, 2012
This rice is really tasty. The only thing I changed is I used a 15 oz. can of petite diced tomatoes and a 4 oz. can of mild chilies. It was easy and tasted great. I'll definitely be making this again. It was even better the next day. Enjoy!
Apr 26, 2012
It is easy to make and it tasted delicious.
Jan 13, 2009
Aug 6, 2008
I do most of cooking at our house. I find the "Nutrition Facts" very useful with my wife and daughter both on a diet.