I love this dish! It's quick and doesn't require a lot of shopping for ingredients, plus it goes well with many entrees.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 15 min. + standing
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen French-style green beans
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 2 minutes. Add the broth, beans, mushrooms, basil and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes. Add rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 8 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 147 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Continental Rice in Country Extra November 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.