Meet the Cook: To tell the truth, I cook out of necessity but enjoy myself when I bake! I make these for school lunches and my husband to take with him to work. They are nice to serve for breakfast besides. Our children are 9 and 5. While we don't farm, our home's out in the country and we do have a pony here. -Marlene Falsetti, Lowbanks, Ontario
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- In a bowl, beat the oil and sugars. Beat in molasses and egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt; stir into molasses mixture alternately with water.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 20 standard-size muffins.
Originally published as Snappy Ginger Muffins in Country Woman May/June 1995, p33
Reviews forSnappy Ginger Muffins
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2010
"I make these quite often - they are one of my family's favorites!"