Fudgy Banana Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- In a bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine bananas, milk, egg, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-third full. Break each candy bar into 12 pieces; place two pieces in each muffin cup. Top with remaining batter. Chop remaining candy bar pieces; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 204 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 7, 2015
Very good! However, I substituted mini semi-sweet chocolate chips for the milk chocolate candy. Nice flavor!
Oct 4, 2013
These were way too sweet. I won't make them again; I've got a better recipe for banana muffins.
Oct 4, 2013
Too sweet. We have another banana muffin recipe that we add chocolate chips to, and it's got a better taste. I had already copied this one into a notebook, and I removed it.
Mar 3, 2013
delicious, nice mix of banana and chocolate mmm, can't go wrong.
Sep 20, 2011
These muffins are so good and yummy. Love them!
Aug 19, 2011
These have been a family favorite since they were first published in Quick Cooking.... they disappear immediately.. I have also used chocolate eggs as a substitute and yumm!!
May 14, 2011
These are incredible! Satisfying enough for dessert with a healthy side benefit!
Sep 19, 2010
Very good muffins - moist and tasty! I love the chocolate and banana combo.
Nov 7, 2009
I am always looking for recipies to use up ripe bananas. These turned out very moist and tender. I liked it because it used less oil and sugar than other recipes I saw. I used chocolate chips instead of candy bars. Definately a do again recipe.