- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Increase heat to high. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring once.
- Serve with rice if desired. Sprinkle with raisins and coconut. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSlow-Cooker Pork and Apple Curry
"This was a quick, easy, and delicious meal that my entire family enjoyed! The curry flavor was very mild, which was nice for the kids. Next time, I would add a second apple to enhance the flavor. We used raisins and coconut as a garnish, and next time I think we'll try adding some chopped peanuts for extra texture. Otherwise, it was a great dish!"
"This is delicious done just the way the recipe calls for it to be made. Here's a photo of my plate... it tastes as good as it looks!http://flic.kr/p/bmzqih"
"pork and apple curry is one my family simply loves and makes any time they can. It's usually served over rice, which is just fine with all of us, as we love rice dishes."
"I added about 3 tablespoons total of curry powder, but I love the flavor of curry. I also didn't use the coconut but again, that is personal preference. I thought it needed a bit more salt as well to help bring out the flavors. Delicious with a few minor changes!"