- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches each)
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 orange, sliced
- Place cinnamon, cloves and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with a string to form a bag.
- Place cider and brown sugar in a 3-qt. slow cooker; stir until sugar dissolves. Add spice bag. Place orange slices on top. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag.
Test Kitchen Tips
1 cup: 177 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.