Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 4 hours
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds cubed goose breast
- 3/4 to 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes, noodles or rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder; add goose. Seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place flour in another large resealable plastic bag; add goose in batches and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown goose in butter on all sides.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the soup, water and soup mix. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with potatoes, noodles or rice.
Jan 6, 2019
Yummy. No gamey taste. Such a goodles recipe, we use it with venison as well. Family favorite.
Oct 19, 2013
We were lucky enough to receive several Canada Geese breasts from a friend. I've never cooked wild goose before, but when I came across this recipe I knew it was the one I was going to make. It turned out wonderful! Excellent flavour, lots of rich gravy (I'd doubled it) and the meat was so tender. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe on the site!
Nov 23, 2009
This is fantastic and easy!! My family loved it. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Can't wait to make again!! Yum Oh!
Jan 19, 2009
Please post a picture of this yummy recipe.