Cranberry wings remind me of all the wonderful celebrations and parties we've had through the years. My daughter’s friends can’t get enough of them. —Noreen Danek, Cromwell, Connecticut
Featured In: Game-Changing Chicken Wing Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 pounds chicken wings (about 24 wings)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Whisk together first 10 ingredients. For chicken, use a sharp knife to cut through two wing joints; discard wing tips. Place wings in a 6-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with salt. Pour cranberry mixture over top. Cook, covered, on low until tender, 3-4 hours.
- To serve, remove wings to a 15x10x1-in. pan; arrange in a single layer. Preheat broiler.
- Transfer cooking juices to a skillet; skim fat. Bring juices to a boil; cook until mixture is reduced by half, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, broil wings 3-4 in. from heat until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Brush with glaze before serving. Serve with remaining glaze. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Cranberry Hot Wings in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Reviews forSlow-Cooked Cranberry Hot Wings
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2018
"Made these tonight and they were awesome!! Just be sure you have some “wet ones” on the table! Will definitely make these often!"
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2018
"sounds very good"