Cranberry wings remind me of all the wonderful celebrations and parties we've had through the years. My daughter’s friends can’t get enough of them. —Noreen Danek, Cromwell, CT
Featured In: Game-Changing Chicken Wing Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 pounds chicken wings (about 24 wings)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Whisk together first 10 ingredients. For chicken, use a sharp knife to cut through two wing joints; discard wing tips. Place wings in a 6-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with salt. Pour cranberry mixture over top. Cook, covered, on low until tender, 3-4 hours.
- To serve, remove wings to a 15x10x1-in. pan; arrange in a single layer. Preheat broiler.
- Transfer cooking juices to a skillet; skim fat. Bring juices to a boil; cook until mixture is reduced by half, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, broil wings 3-4 in. from heat until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Brush with glaze before serving. Serve with remaining glaze. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Cranberry Hot Wings in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016