Slim Crab Cake Deviled Eggs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon minced sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium seafood seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- Additional sweet red pepper, optional
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set aside egg whites and four yolks (discard remaining yolks or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, mash reserved yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, crab, sweet red pepper, relish, seafood seasoning, salt, pepper and celery seed. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. If desired, garnish with sweet red pepper. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed egg half: 42 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 17, 2013
I made these but substituted the mayo with Chobani 0% plain yogurt and used diced tomato instead of pepper since I didn't have any, and topped with diced green onion. There's a lot of room for adjustments with seasonings and such with this sort of recipe. You could add or omit something you didn't care for or didn't have on hand with something else comparable. It makes for a healthier version of a favorite appetizer.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.