Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Salt to taste
- 2 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Chow mein noodles
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Add tomatoes and salt, stirring constantly. Add shrimp and peas; cook until shrimp turn pink. Serve with chow mein noodles; sprinkle with paprika.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 252 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 731mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Aug 22, 2010
Had a good flavor. I used large frozen shrimp. I may try again this time using canned shrimp. Was thinking of putting it on rice.
Jan 10, 2010
Wonderful, but WAY too much milk. I would at least cut it by half next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.