Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Salt to taste
- 2 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Chow mein noodles
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Add tomatoes and salt, stirring constantly. Add shrimp and peas; cook until shrimp turn pink. Serve with chow mein noodles; sprinkle with paprika.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 252 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 731mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 22, 2010
Had a good flavor. I used large frozen shrimp. I may try again this time using canned shrimp. Was thinking of putting it on rice.
Jan 10, 2010
Wonderful, but WAY too much milk. I would at least cut it by half next time.