Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- Place butter, garlic and cayenne in a 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. Microwave, covered, on high until butter is melted, about 1 minute. Stir in wine, lemon juice, parsley and salt. Add shrimp; toss to coat.
- Microwave, covered, on high until shrimp turns pink, 2-1/2-3-1/2 minutes. Stir before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked shrimp: 157 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 476mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Dec 24, 2018
I cooked under the broiler for appox. 2 1/2 min per side. Wonderful scampi! I used more butter so I could serve over pasta.
May 20, 2018
I made this recipe last night; it's so easy and delicious. I served it with some noodles and peas. Will make this again.
May 19, 2018
This was indeed quick and easy. Perfect when you don't have a lot of time. I made the recipe as is. I do prefer fixing this in a skillet rather than this method.
Mar 26, 2018
Quick and easy! I fix on stove and serve along side steak or fish.
Mar 2, 2018
Living in Tampa, Fl, we eat a lot of shrimp, but I had never thought to do it in the microwave until I say this recipe. Shrimp cooks fast as it is, but this is even faster, and just as delicious... in fact, I think more of the flavor stays with the shrimp using this method than when they are cooked in an open skillet. I added the shrimp to a vegetable and rice medley... made a wonderful dinner.
Jul 24, 2015
Very nice recipe. I made the BLT salad, same page, as suggested by Katlaydee3, along with corn on the cobb. Very good summer dinner.
Feb 2, 2012
I love this recipe! So simple, with tasty results. I like to serve it atop angel hair pasta along with a green salad.
Jun 28, 2011
I loved this recipe but I found that it took about a minute longer to cook. I served it with the BLT Salad on the same page.
Jun 24, 2009
So easy and yummy! I use a lot less lemon juice...too much for my tastebuds and I add some garlic salt. I triple the sauce and serve over angel hair.