Shredded Potato Cakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil
- Place hash browns in a strainer and rinse with cold water until thawed. Drain thoroughly; transfer to a large bowl. Add onion, parsley, milk, eggs, flour and salt; mix well. In a skillet over medium heat, heat 1/4 in. of oil. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 199 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Aug 10, 2010
My family loved these cakes.Would make again.
Mar 20, 2009
I love potato pancakes but never made them. This sounds great! Will try.Grandmama
Nov 23, 2008
These are great! Instead of thawed hash browns I used a bag of "Simply Potatoes." I used green onions and dried parsley, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. These are excellent topped with applesauce. My husband and my daughter loved them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.