Shredded Potato Cakes
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil
- 1. Place hash browns in a strainer and rinse with cold water until thawed. Drain thoroughly; transfer to a large bowl. Add onion, parsley, milk, eggs, flour and salt; mix well. In a skillet over medium heat, heat 1/4 in. of oil. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
2 each: 199 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Sep 28, 2018These are excellent. I make them once or twice a month. I usually fry bacon and/or sausage first then fry the potato cakes in the grease (with a little oil added). If fixing for breakfast I serve with a fried egg over top.
Aug 10, 2010
My family loved these cakes.Would make again.
Dec 31, 1969
I love potato pancakes but never made them. This sounds great! Will try.
Nov 23, 2008
These are great! Instead of thawed hash browns I used a bag of "Simply Potatoes." I used green onions and dried parsley, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. These are excellent topped with applesauce. My husband and my daughter loved them.