Sesame Chicken with Creamy Satay Sauce
These exotic skewers are surprisingly simple to make but taste like they came from an Asian restaurant. Before grilling, marinate the chicken strips in a sesame salad dressing. —Kathi Jones-DelMonte, Rochester, New York
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup Asian toasted sesame salad dressing
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Pour salad dressing into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread chicken onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill skewers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, coconut milk, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce and pepper flakes; sprinkle with cilantro. Serve chicken with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 356 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 692mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Sesame Chicken with Creamy Satay Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013