- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Shape into 1-in. balls and place on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Or, freeze and bake frozen at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forSausage Balls
"I made these ahead and froze them individually on a cookie sheet then placed in ziploc bags to bake later. These were the best sausage balls I've ever had. Not too dry, not too cakey, just right. I baked them from frozen state (Thanksgiving morning to take on a car trip to Savannah) and they were enjoyed throughout the trip! Glad I found the recipe again because I couldn't remember where I found it."
"I have used this recipe since I was a little girl in the 70s. My girls now enjoy the treat, especially when they are made fresh."
"These sausage balls are great!They were a hit with my husband and he is a picky eater."