VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) tikka masala curry sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Naan flatbreads, warmed
- Microwave sweet potatoes and water, covered, on high just until potatoes begin to soften, 3-4 minutes.
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine vegetables and chicken; add sauce and salt. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 4-5 hours. If desired, top with cilantro; serve with warmed naan.
- Freeze option: Omitting cilantro and naan, freeze cooled chicken and vegetable mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, stirring gently and adding a little water if necessary. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with warmed naan. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Indian-Style Chicken & Vegetables in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2017, p33