Saucy Cherry Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + standing Bake: 45 min.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry, apple or blueberry pie filling
- 16 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, bring the sugar, water, butter and lemon juice to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until mixture has the consistency of syrup. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of pie filling off-center on each tortilla; fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour sugar syrup over tortillas; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with pecans and cinnamon. Bake 15 minutes longer or until golden brown and sauce bubbles around the edges. Serve warm with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 382 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
May 27, 2013
Made this for a family get together. It was delicious. It it very easy to make, it just takes a lot of time. We are definitely making these again.
May 1, 2012
I made this for our Cinco De Mayo party at work & everyone loved them. I'm making them once again this year. They take time but they're well worth it & they're easy to make.
Apr 20, 2011
Excellent recipe! The addition of lemon juice really makes the flavor "pop". I did cut back on the sugar by 1/2 cup, but that's really a personal preference. I also added 2 cans of cherries the second time I made it. Can't wait to try it with blueberries. Thanks for a great, tasty recipe.
Sep 15, 2010
I made the recipe the first time as posted. The next time I did cut the butter to 1/2 cup and increased the pie filling to 2 cans. I put any leftover filling on the top and between the cherry enchiladas. Everytime I take it to a pot-luck, it's the first dessert eaten and everyone wants to know how to make it. They can't believe that it's made with flour tortillas.