Saucy Cherry Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + standing Bake: 45 min.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry, apple or blueberry pie filling
- 16 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, bring the sugar, water, butter and lemon juice to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until mixture has the consistency of syrup. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of pie filling off-center on each tortilla; fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour sugar syrup over tortillas; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with pecans and cinnamon. Bake 15 minutes longer or until golden brown and sauce bubbles around the edges. Serve warm with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 382 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
May 27, 2013
Made this for a family get together. It was delicious. It it very easy to make, it just takes a lot of time. We are definitely making these again.
May 1, 2012
I made this for our Cinco De Mayo party at work & everyone loved them. I'm making them once again this year. They take time but they're well worth it & they're easy to make.
Apr 20, 2011
Excellent recipe! The addition of lemon juice really makes the flavor "pop". I did cut back on the sugar by 1/2 cup, but that's really a personal preference. I also added 2 cans of cherries the second time I made it. Can't wait to try it with blueberries. Thanks for a great, tasty recipe.
Sep 15, 2010
I made the recipe the first time as posted. The next time I did cut the butter to 1/2 cup and increased the pie filling to 2 cans. I put any leftover filling on the top and between the cherry enchiladas. Everytime I take it to a pot-luck, it's the first dessert eaten and everyone wants to know how to make it. They can't believe that it's made with flour tortillas.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.