Saltine Toffee Bark
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 40 saltines
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) milk chocolate English toffee bits
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil. Arrange saltines in a single layer on foil; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Pour evenly over crackers.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over top. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 ounce: 171 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 25, 2018
This bark is easy and delicious! It is hard to stop eating it. I made just as written and it turned out great. Next time may try dark chocolate chips. Highly recommend.
Mar 12, 2018
Tried today and all 4 people were pleased. I took the suggestions of other reviewers. I boiled the butter and sugar for 3 mins & baked for 12 mins. Wasn't sticky and had a nice crisp taste. Will make again since it was so easy, good and I had all the ingredients on hand.
Jan 25, 2018
So simple to make, with great results.
Dec 20, 2017
I haven't made this exact recipe, but I make one similar except I use 1 cup of dark brown sugar, just the semi-sweet chocolate chips, and chopped nuts. Prep is the same except I bake 5 to 6 minutes. I love the flavor of the dark brown sugar. Be sure you don't need to use any willpower with this around because you can't have enough to resist this. It is addictive. I have also had it made with graham crackers, but don't like as much because I love the sweet-salty combination.
Dec 18, 2017
OMG this is so good and so easy!! My mom loves it as it is a bit softer than traditional toffee bark and she requests this often now. I made several batches for the treats I give away at Christmas and everyone has loved it! Will be making this often.
Dec 15, 2017
I make this and have to "hide" it in the freezer...I will eat the whole batch. Our daughter-in-law loves this, too. I only make it at Christmas and often make several batches! Easy and oh, so delicious!
Dec 13, 2017
Wow! This was easy and dangerously delicious. It pleased both toffee lovers (me) and those normally not fond of it (my husband). I made this for gifts for the neighbors and will keep this in my rotation and use often
Dec 11, 2017
Delicious, super easy. Will make great gifts for friends at a Christmas gathering. I used club crackers (whole grain) and will use brown sugar, maybe nuts, next time. A real keeper that I can return to again and again.
Dec 10, 2017
I just made this tonight, my hubby loved it so it's going in my Christmas goodie platters, very easy to make and yummy. I used brown sugar instead of white ty for sharing this recipe.
Dec 7, 2017
A co-worker shared this recipe with me 15 years ago and I've been making it ever since. What a great, easy candy to give as gifts, or just to enjoy at home.