Nut Fruit Bark
Here's a sophisticated version of fruit bark. Dark chocolate turns into a rich mocha flavor with the espresso powder. If you're a fan of sweet-salty tidbits, make sure to use the sea salt. —Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 pound dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or blueberries
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt, optional
- Line the bottom and sides of a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with parchment; grease the paper and set aside.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in espresso powder and half the cherries and nuts. Spread into prepared pan; top with remaining cherries and nuts (pan will not be full). Sprinkle with salt if desired. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 ounce: 147 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as nut fruit bark in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012