Nut Fruit Bark
Here's a sophisticated version of fruit bark. Dark chocolate turns into a rich mocha flavor with the espresso powder. If you're a fan of sweet-salty tidbits, make sure to use the sea salt. —Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 pound dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or blueberries
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt, optional
- Line the bottom and sides of a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with parchment; grease the paper and set aside.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in espresso powder and half the cherries and nuts. Spread into prepared pan; top with remaining cherries and nuts (pan will not be full). Sprinkle with salt if desired. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.