Lime-in-the-Coconut Almond Bark
I love the combination of flavors in this tropical treat! It takes mere minutes to make. If you need something for a school or church bake sale this will get you out of the kitchen in a flash. —Julie Beckwith, Crete, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min.+ chilling
Makesabout 1 pound
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- 2 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 4 teaspoons grated lime zest
- Line a 9-in. square baking pan with foil; set aside. In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring if desired. Stir in the coconut, almonds and lime zest. Spread into prepared pan. Chill for 10-15 minutes or until firm.
- Break into small pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts1 ounce: 143 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Lime-in-the-Coconut White Chocolate Almond Bark in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.