These are a holiday-season "must" in our family. The bacon-wrapped bites are served with a sweet barbecue sauce which is also good with little smoked sausages. —Janice Thomas, Milford, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Broil: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 14 whole water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 7 bacon strips, halved
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, mayonnaise and chili sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; set aside.
- Place a water chestnut and pineapple chunk on each piece of bacon; roll up bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until bacon is crisp. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 92 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Rumaki Appetizers in Country Woman Christmas 2009