- 1 boneless beef chuck steak (3/4 inch thick and 3/4 pound)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or additional beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on both sides. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the broth, tomato sauce, wine, onion, garlic, parsley, rosemary, salt and pepper; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef and keep warm. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with beef. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forRosemary Pot Roast
"This is a quick and easy meal that's perfect for my little slow cooker. (It cooks little hot, so mine was perfect when I checked it at 5 hours.) I used a pound of flank steak, and it was beautifully tender, with a flavorful gravy. I was short on time, so I didn't brown the meat, and it was just fine."