Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries & Almonds Recipe
- 3 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with oil, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 30-35 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar and sugar; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until syrupy, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, place Brussels sprouts in a serving dish; drizzle with glaze and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cranberries and almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forRoasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries & Almonds
"Wow! This was delicious! I had fresh cranberries on hand, so I boiled them in water for a few minutes, until they popped. Next I drained them, combined them with the Brussels Sprouts and oil mixture and roasted as directed. I made the reduction sauce as directed, but found I really only needed about half that amount, so will use less next time. Added sliced smoked beef sausage (Eckhart brand) and tossed together. Couldn't find my sliced almonds, so just skipped them this time. We LOVED it; everyone went for seconds."
"This recipe was easy to make; a great go-to recipe I will keep for the future. I chose to drizzle balsamic glaze over the Brussels Sprouts for a quicker dish. I also substituted pecans for almonds due to preference. The cranberries were a great addition!"
"What an outstanding idea! I love the new flavor of my favorite brussies!"
"Made this tonight but halved the recipe since there's only two of us and it was delicious!"