Raspberry Lemon Layer Cake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 2-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and orange juice; beat until stiff peaks form. Using a long serrated knife, cut cake horizontally into three layers.
- Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; spread with about 1/3 cup lemon curd. Top with 1 cup raspberries and 1/3 cup cream mixture; repeat layers. Replace cake top; spread with remaining lemon curd.
- Frost top and sides of cake with remaining cream mixture. Top with remaining raspberries; refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 605 calories, 33g fat (20g saturated fat), 190mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 24, 2015
I made this cake last year for my husband for Father's Day and he requested it again this year. I used an angel food cake loaf this year for a bit of a lighter version. Both cakes work well.
Mar 3, 2015
This cake looks yummy,too!!!!I would deffinetly make this cake for me and my wife for dessert!!!!Oooooooooh,its sooooo good!!!!!!
Jun 25, 2013
My husband especially liked this.
Jun 16, 2013
Great quick dessert. I sometimes use a loaf angel food cake instead of the pound cake. And I make my own lemon curd. But you can't beat this combination!