- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sweet potato and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and allspice; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in pecans and raisins.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews forRaisin Sweet Potato Cookies
"Truly enjoyed these cookies. And here is the but...replacing 1/2 of the butter with 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce did not change the perfection of these cookies other than the fat and cholesterol amounts."
"These cookies are so moist and delicious. Great recipe; will make again and again."
"These cookie were the best, since my family does like pumpkin, and this time of year that is most recipes. The sweet potato was a great idea. Not to sweet, just right."
"These cookies turned out yummy although it didn't yield as many as the original recipe instead of raisins I used craisins and they turned out fine"
"It's nice to read a review that someone doesn't change the recipe..I hate it when people but in their own way if making it. Leave it alone, it's not your recipe."
"Made a batch of these cookies today....They passed the test. A keeper for sure.....I made them as per recipe, didn't change a thing."