Quick Apricot Glazed Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1/2 pound)
- 1/4 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1-1/2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Coat a broiler pan with cooking spray; place chicken on pan. Combine remaining ingredients; brush half over the chicken. Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; brush with remaining apricot mixture. Broil until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 216 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 5, 2013
I used apricot preserves. I also substituted honey mustard for the Dijon mustard. The chicken was so moist and tender! This was terrific.
Apr 15, 2011
I used apricot preserves and I pounded the chicken breasts until they were of equal thickness so they would cook through. They were great.
Dec 23, 2010
I needed something quick and easy and ran across this recipe. I didn't have actual apricots at home so I used Apricot-Pineapple Preserves instead. It still turned out good, the chicken was very moist & tender. I will be making it again.