Chicken Apricot Preserves
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 1 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 2 to 3 tablespoons onion soup mix
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter and oil over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Combine the jam, salad dressing and soup mix; pour over chicken.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 170°.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 264 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 25, 2018
I reduced it to make 2 servings.Im eating it right now and it's really good.
May 22, 2016
Great recipe - especially for a busy weeknight or weekend. I was super busy the day I made it, so I threw it all into the crockpot and cooked it a little over four hours on the low setting. I added an onion and green bell pepper cut into chunks, about 1/2 cup extra dressing and preserves and the whole packet of onion soup mix. This would be great served over rice with a side of steamed broccoli. I think kids would love it too! As a Taste of Home Field Editor, I recommend trying this!
May 1, 2015
easy to make
Jan 18, 2011
my family favorite!
Feb 2, 2010
I cut it down and made it for two. I also used the Kraft free Catalina dressing and did it in the slow cooker. It was very good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.