- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or sherry
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable, combine the first seven ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Transfer to a shallow microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once.
- Add green pepper and cashews. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring once. Let stand for 3 minutes. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forQuick Apricot Chicken
"Great quick recipee"
"Excellent and super easy"
"easy, great flavor, and a hit with the hubby and kids. Definitely a keeper!"
"I didn't have apricot jam and tried a different flavor. It was good but I imagine it would taste great if I stuck with the original recipe."
"My husband and I really enjoy this recipe!I have even made it for company and recieved many requests to make it again. Its very easy- don't leave out the cashews, they make a great addition to the recipe!"
"i followed recipe with ingredients - but cooked on stovetop instead of microwave. i thought it was just average - nothing special."
"My husband and I love this recipe. We also doubled the sauce, added broccoli & pineapple, and served it over rice. The two of us devoured the entire thing in one seating. Can't wait to make it again!"
"I didn't change a thing. This is simply delicious"