- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup cooked or canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf, 16 slices (about 1-1/2 pounds).
Reviews forPumpkin Yeast Bread
"My family loves this bread."
"I made this bread and was very disappointed in the taste....it left a strange after-taste in my mouth and my family asked me not to make it again."