- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first eight ingredients. Whisk together eggs, pumpkin, oil and water; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and, if desired, raisins.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 65-70 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews forPumpkin Bread
"This is the BEST pumpkin loaf ever! So moist and flavourful. A keeper for sure."
"LOVE this pumpkin bread. Read throught the reviews and made the following tweaks: oj instead of water, full can of pumpkin and dried cranberries instead of raisins. Delicious!"
"Absolutely delicious!! This is the only recipe I will use from now on when making pumpkin bread. I followed the directions exactly as written. Great taste, very moist. YUM, only problem, my family gobbled it up so quickly I will have to make another one."
"So took this and switched it up some, real pumpkin , not canned, cooked pumpkin (bake or microwave) , I only use real pumpkin for it is so abundant in the area I live. Pureed the pumpkin with all the wet ingredients , but used orange juice instead of water. Coconut sugar instead of white, for so many reasons, and last white choc. chips and walnuts.......I think we found a new favorite....."
"Awesome! I used chocolate chips in place of nuts. Love it!!"
"Oh my heaven is this fabulous!!!!!"
"This is the best pumpkin bread I've had, much better than the recipe I've always used. I added a whole can of pumpkin instead of one cup and didn't alter the b. soda or b. powder...baked up wonderfully!"
"This is a great recipe. I cut the sugar down to one cup and used Greek yogurt in place of half the oil and it was still really good and a bit healthier."
"I LOVE this recipe. It is the best pumpkin bread I have ever had."