- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first eight ingredients. Whisk together eggs, pumpkin, oil and water; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and, if desired, raisins.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 65-70 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews forPumpkin Bread
"Awesome! I used chocolate chips in place of nuts. Love it!!"
"Oh my heaven is this fabulous!!!!!"
"This is the best pumpkin bread I've had, much better than the recipe I've always used. I added a whole can of pumpkin instead of one cup and didn't alter the b. soda or b. powder...baked up wonderfully!"
"This is a great recipe. I cut the sugar down to one cup and used Greek yogurt in place of half the oil and it was still really good and a bit healthier."
"I LOVE this recipe. It is the best pumpkin bread I have ever had."
"This is the BEST pumpkin bread recipe I have ever eaten! So moist and delicious! It made 2 loaves so I am excited. I will use this recipe every time! I will try it with bananas sometime since I always end up with too many uneaten bananas. Mmmmmm................................"
"Love pumpkin bread in the fall. Used choc chips instead of raisins"
"delicious and moist pumpkin bread!!! I did not add the spices because I wanted the full pumpkin flavor and instead of raisins I used craisins and plumped them first! I winner in our house!!!"