- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 8 sandwich rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reaches 160°.
- Top each patty with a cheese slice; grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Grill rolls cut side down for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Top each with a burger and lettuce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forProvolone Burgers
"Good but not great."
"One of the best burgers I've had in a long time!"
"Enjoyed these burgers -- it's nice to have something a little different."
"Delicious! Could cut the recipe in half and still have had plenty, but very good."
"Our family really liked these burgers"
"Hi,This is one of my favorite burger recipes! In fact, I wrote a blog about making these burgers this past week. If you would like to read about my experience and view my tips, here's the link for my blog: Tasty! Provolone Burgers Recipe - http://community.tasteofhome.com/blogs/amy_t/archive/2009/07/06/tasty-provolone-burgers-recipe.aspx Let's chat about burgers! What are your secrets to the best burgers? How do you make your burgers? Do you have favorite burger toppings? I'd like to hear from you! Feel free to post a recipe, favorite toppings and burger advice and/or just chat about burgers in the "comments" box on the blog or here in the forum."